If you find yourself in New York City after evacuating Puerto Rico due to Hurricane Maria and you need emergency eye care, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is here for you. In collaboration with the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, the Puerto Rican Society of Ophthalmology, and our colleagues around the country, we want to help facilitate access to eye care for an at-risk population.
We will do everything we can to get you the care you need as quickly as possible. Puerto Ricans who evacuated the Island and need eye care, can call 212-870-9700 between the hours of 8:30-4:30pm to request an appointment at our Eye Clinic, located at 310 East 14th Street, NY, NY 10003
Hours of operation
- Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm – Appointments only
- Monday to Friday 4:30pm - 9:30pm – Walk-in/Same Day
- Saturday 8:30am - 9:30pm – Walk-in
- Sunday 8:30am - 9:30pm – Walk-in
- Monday to Sunday 9:30pm to 7 am at the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Emergency Department, located 16th Street and 1st Avenue.
We are glad to be there for our fellow Americans in this time of need and we hope to continue our involvement as the island continues to recover from the hurricane devastation.
For patients not impacted by the recent hurricane in Puerto Rico, please refer to the respective department numbers as listed on our website.