NYEE After-Hours Emergency Eye Care
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai’s team of specialists are available for all eye emergencies 24/7, 365 days a year.
Between the hours of 4 pm and 8 am, patients with urgent eye conditions that require immediate attention should proceed to the Mount Sinai Beth Israel (MSBI) Emergency Department.
Our after-hours eye emergency team provides state-of-the-art urgent eye care led by NYEE’s attending board-certified physicians, ophthalmologists pursuing subspecialty fellowship training, ophthalmology residents, registered nurses, and ophthalmic technicians. We are committed to providing the most advanced and compassionate care you and your family deserve.
Early diagnosis and treatment of urgent eye conditions is an important step in preserving your sight and avoiding lasting complications. Patients should seek medical attention if they experience eye pain and/or visual loss. Common conditions of the eye that require urgent care include:
- Acute painful glaucoma
- Chemical burns
- Corneal abrasions
- Double vision
- Eye infections
- Eye stroke
- Eye trauma
- Foreign objects in the eye
- Retinal detachments
- Sudden vision loss
- Suspected ruptured globe
Walking and Driving Directions to Mount Sinai Beth Israel Emergency Room
- Head northwest on East 14th Street toward 2nd Avenue
- Turn right onto 2nd Avenue and proceed to East 15th Street
- Turn right onto East 15th Street
- Turn left toward East 16th Street (on Nathan Perlman Place/behind Stuyvesant Square Park)
- Turn right on East 16th Street. MSBI Emergency Room will be on the left.
- From NYEE at 310 East 14th Street, head southeast on East 14th Street towards 1st Avenue
- Turn left onto 1st Avenue
- Turn left onto east 16th Street. MSBI Emergency Room Entrance will be on the right. Or you can enter via the main entrance located at 16th Street and 1st Avenue.