General Eye Clinic Information
The Comprehensive Eye Clinic at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is the place to start when you need to see a doctor for any problem - either routine or complex - affecting the eye or vision, patients are seen at the Eye Clinic between the hours of 8am and 4pm, Monday - Friday. To schedule an appointment, please call 212-979-4192.
The Eye Clinic is also open for eye emergencies 7 days a week Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am and 7pm. On Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays the clinic is open between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
Between the hours of 7pm and 8am patients with urgent/emergent eye conditions that require immediate attention should proceed to the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Emergency Department (MSBI ED) located at 16th Street and 1st Avenue, or to the nearest Emergency Department. Please note that only patients with urgent/emergent problems will be seen by an ophthalmologist in the MSBI ED. For more information regarding NYEE's After-Hours Emergency Eye Care, click here.
The dedicated and highly trained physicians and support staff at the Eye Clinic are experts in the treatment of a wide range of eye disorders, from infections, dry eyes, and tear duct obstruction, to all other general ophthalmic issues. Our subspecialty services include:
- Comprehensive Eye Services
- Cornea and Dry Eye
- Low Vision
- Minor Surgery
- Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction
Preparing for Your In Person Visit
Please review the following simple guidelines in order to help your visit run smoothly:
- Arrival: Patients with scheduled appointments should arrive no more than 15 minutes before the appointment time to register for your visit.
- What to bring: All patients must bring their Medicare, Medicaid, and/or insurance cards, and identification for each visit.
- Identification: All patients must show identification at time of visit, preferably picture ID, with proof of address.
- Referrals: For all appointments and walk-in patients, if you belong to a managed care plan, a referral from your primary care doctor is necessary. It is your responsibility to obtain the referral from your doctor prior to your visit with us and to bring it with you when you come for your appointment. Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.
- Follow-up Appointment: After your visit with us, if the doctor asks you to return for a follow-up visit, please schedule the appointment for your next visit at the receptionist discharge desk before you leave.
Eye Clinic Fees
Please review the following helpful guidelines regarding fees and payments:
- Each clinic visit for self-pay patients is $178.00.
- The hospital only bills for hospital services. In addition to the hospital bill, you may receive multiple bills from one or more service providers. Each provider (physician, diagnostics, lab, anesthesiologist, radiologist, and pathologist) will be submitting a claim to your insurance carrier for services provided. You are responsible for any part of these charges not covered by your insurance.
- Every time you come for an appointment, you must first register and pay any required co-pay. You will receive a receipt for all registrations.
- Payments can be made with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, certified checks, and cash.
- Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.
Please take the time to learn more about billing and insurance at NYEE.