General Eye Clinic Information
General Eye Clinic Information The Eye Clinic at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai (NYEE) is the place to start when you need to see a doctor for common eye conditions, eye injuries, and infections. Patients will be seen at the Eye Clinic between 8am -4pm.
Between the hours of 4 pm and 8 am patients with urgent/emergency eye conditions that require immediate attention should proceed to the Mount Sinai Beth Israel (MSBI) Emergency Department located at 16th Street and 1st Avenue, or to the nearest Emergency Department. Please note, only patients with emergency cases will be seen by an ophthalmologist in the ED. Patients who do not need emergent evaluation by an ophthalmologist will be promptly referred for a follow up Eye Clinic evaluation. For more information regarding NYEE's After-Hours Emergency Eye Care, click here.
The dedicated and highly trained physicians and support staff at the Eye Clinic are experts in the treatment of a wide range of eye disorders, from infections, dry eyes, and tear duct obstruction, to all other general ophthalmic issues. Our subspecialty services include:
- Comprehensive Eye Services
- Cornea and Dry Eye
- Low Vision
- Minor Surgery
- Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction
Preparing for Your In Person Visit
Please review the following simple guidelines in order to help your visit run smoothly:
- Arrival: Patients with scheduled appointments should arrive no more than 15 minutes before the appointment time to register for your visit.
- What to bring: All patients must bring their Medicare, Medicaid, and/or insurance cards, and identification for each visit.
- Identification: All patients must show identification at time of visit, preferably picture ID, with proof of address.
- Referrals: For all appointments and walk-in patients, if you belong to a managed care plan, a referral from your primary care doctor is necessary. It is your responsibility to obtain the referral from your doctor prior to your visit with us and to bring it with you when you come for your appointment. Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.
- Follow-up Appointment: After your visit with us, if the doctor asks you to return for a follow-up visit, please schedule the appointment for your next visit at the receptionist discharge desk before you leave.
Eye Clinic Fees
Please review the following helpful guidelines regarding fees and payments:
- Each clinic visit for self-pay patients is $178.00.
- The hospital only bills for hospital services. In addition to the hospital bill, you may receive multiple bills from one or more service providers. Each provider (physician, diagnostics, lab, anesthesiologist, radiologist, and pathologist) will be submitting a claim to your insurance carrier for services provided. You are responsible for any part of these charges not covered by your insurance.
- Every time you come for an appointment, you must first register and pay any required co-pay. You will receive a receipt for all registrations.
- Payments can be made with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, certified checks, and cash.
- Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.
Please take the time to learn more about billing and insurance at NYEE.