A Message to All Patients
Atención a todos los pacientes
The Eye Clinic at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai (NYEE) is the place to start when you need to see a doctor for eye injuries and infections.
To assure a timely scheduled visit it is best to schedule an appointment in advance. Appointments for the Eye Clinic can be arranged by calling 212-979-4192 during the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Our Walk-in Clinic is open between the hours of 8:00am and 3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Patients with urgent eye related conditions that require immediate attention, between the hours of 9:30pm and 7:00am, should proceed to the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Emergency Department at 16th St. and 1stAvenue, or to the nearest Emergency Department.
The dedicated and highly trained physicians and support staff at the Eye Clinic are experts in the treatment of a wide range of eye disorders ranging from infections, dry eyes, and tear duct obstruction, to all other general ophthalmic issues. Our subspecialty services include:
- Comprehensive Eye Services
- Cornea and Dry Eye
- Low Vision
- Minor Surgery
- Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction
Eye Clinic Hours of Operation
Please schedule your appointment for the Eye Clinic in advance by calling 212- 979-4192.
Hours for patients with appointments
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 3:30pm
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 3:30pm
Limited availability Walk-in Clinic
Services will not be provided for Refraction/Eyeglasses.
- Monday through Friday, 3:30pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday through Sunday, 8:00am– 9:30pm
- Patients with appointments will be seen first.
- Walk-in patients will be seen throughout the day. Average wait time is 2-3 hours.
- The clinic Walk-in hours may be adjusted or closed in observance of all national holidays and/or required monthly organizational conferences.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Arrival: Patients with scheduled appointments should arrive no more than 30 minutes before the appointment time to register for your visit.
- What to bring: All patients must bring their Medicare, Medicaid and/or insurance cards and identification for each visit.
- Identification: All patients must show identification at time of visit, preferably picture ID, with proof of address.
- Referrals: For all appointment and walk-in patients, if you belong to a managed care plan, a referral from your primary care doctor is necessary. It is your responsibility to obtain the referral, from your doctor, prior to your visit with us and to bring it with you when you come for your appointment. Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
- If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.
- Follow-up Appointment: After your visit with us, if the doctor asks you to return for a follow- up visit, please schedule the appointment for your next visit at the receptionist discharge desk before you leave.
Eye Clinic Fees*
- $178.00 for each clinic visit for self-pay patients.
- You may be responsible for additional bills if further tests and/or treatments were required during your appointment.*
- Every time you come for an appointment, you must first register and pay any required co-pay. You will receive a receipt for all registrations.
- Payments can be made with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, certified checks, and cash.
- Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.