Barrie Soloway, M.D., F.A.C.S.
We are using Refocus (formerly PresbyCorp) Group's Presview implant during these trials, the same implant that Dr. Soloway has successfully used for years on scores of patients treated in the United States during clinical trials and on numerous trips abroad. A complete eye examination at Vista is required to determine your ocular health and to see if you qualify for this study. These trials are sponsored by Refocus Group. Patients selected for this trial will have all medical, surgical and hospital care fees paid for by the sponsor. Next to not needing reading glasses, the best thing is that If you are a candidate for this innovative outpatient surgery, all costs relating to the surgery and its follow-up are paid for by Refocus, the study sponsor.
- Patients must be between 50 to 60 years old
- Have near vision without glasses worse than 20/63
- Have a best corrected distance vision 20/20
- No need for glasses to see far
- Patient must still has their natural lens
- Able to comply with the requirements and restrictions of the study and available for follow-up care and measurements
- Any prior eye surgery (including LASIK and cataract)
- Scleral thickness less than 530 microns (measured during the exam)
- Chronic or acute imflammation in the eye
- Chronic or acute ocular disease
- Certain chronic systemic diseases