Thank you for choosing New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai for your surgery. Please follow these guidelines when visiting the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). We appreciate your support of our PACU's healing environment.
- After surgery, a PACU staff member will call the unit where you are waiting to let you know when you can visit.
- The PACU is a busy open unit with patients being admitted and discharged throughout the day. We request that only ONE adult family member at a time visit the unit. For safety reasons, children are not allowed to visit the PACU.
- Patients need time for rest and nursing care immediately after surgery. Therefore, family visiting is limited to no more than ten minutes at a time.
- Please respect other patients in the PACU by staying at the bedside of your family member.
- If any PACU patient needs special nursing attention, we may ask family members to leave, or to delay their visit. Thank you for understanding.
- PACU visiting arrangements may be modified, depending on the activity on the unit at that time.