Disorders of the Larynx Patient Associations & Support Groups
- National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association - http://www.dysphonia.org
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation - http://www.dystonia-foundation.org
- National Institutes for Deafness and Communication Disorders page on SD - http://www.nidcd.nih.gov
Relevant Medical Journal Articles
- Botulinum toxin management of spasmodic dysphonia (laryngeal dystonia): a 12-year experience in more than 900 patients. Blitzer A, Brin MF, Stewart CF. Laryngoscope 1998 Oct 108:10:1435-41.
- Botulinum toxin: basic science and clinical uses in otolaryngology. Blitzer A, Sulica L. Laryngoscope 2001 Feb 111:2:218-26.
- Botulinum toxin. National Institutes of Health Consensus Statement 1990 Nov 12-14:8:1-20.
Because botulinum toxin use in the United States for the treatment SD is not FDA-approved, the manufacturers are not permitted to discuss information related to this use. Nevertheless, general information is available from each company.