- You will have a prescription for Tylenol #3. Take 1 to 2 tablets every 4 hours as needed for pain. After 1-2 days, Tylenol or Extra Strength Tylenol should be sufficient.
- Take the antibiotic prescribed as directed for the full course. If you get diarrhea or a rash, contact your physician.
- Keep the ear dry. When taking a shower, put a cotton ball smeared with Vaseline in the ear canal to prevent water from getting in. You may take a shower after the dressing comes off.
- Do not strain, lift heavy objects, work-out, or blow your nose until your surgeon gives you permission. You cannot fly in an airplane for approximately 4-6 weeks after surgery.
Call the office at 212-979-4200, immediately if you experience any of the following:
- If you notice any weakness of the face.
- If the dizziness becomes very severe.
- If you experience any sensitivity to light associated with severe headaches and fever.
Content provided by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery www.aao-hns.org