Attention All Patients
Atención a todos los pacientes
The outpatient center of New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai (NYEE) is the place to start when you need to see a doctor for eye injuries and infections
Effective Monday, June 13th 2016, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai (NYEE) will be ending our 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Urgent Care Service for the Ophthalmology (EYE) Department. The hospital will be closed to ambulatory patients between the hours of 9:30 PM and 7:00 AM.
Our Walk-In /Same-day Appointment clinic will be open between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
To assure a timely scheduled visit it is best to schedule an appointment in advance. Appointments for the Ophthalmology Clinic can be arranged by calling 212-979-4192 during the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday to Friday.
Patients with urgent eye related conditions that require immediate attention, between the hours of 9:30 PM and 7:00 AM, should proceed to the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Emergency Department at 16th St. and 1stAvenue, or to the nearest Emergency Department.
Hours for patients with appointments
Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Walk-in/Same-day appointment clinic
Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Limited Availability Walk-in Visits
Services will not be provided for Refraction/Eyeglasses
Monday – Friday 3:30 P.M. to 9:30 P.M.
Saturday - Sunday 8:00 A.M. to 9:30 P.M.
*Walk-in patients will be seen throughout the day.
Priority is given to patients with appointments first
In preparation for your visit:
- For scheduled patients please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time to register for your visit.
- All patients must bring your their Medicare, Medicaid and/or insurance cards and identification with you to each visit.
- Allpatients must show identification, preferably picture ID, with proof of address, for all visits.
- If you belong to a managed care plan, a referral from your primary care doctor is necessary.
- For all appointment and walk-in patients, if you belong to a managed care plan, a referral from your primary care doctor is necessary. It is your responsibility to obtain the referral, from your doctor, prior to your visit with us and to bring it with you when you come for your appointment. Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.
- After your visit with us, if the doctor requests you to return for a follow up visit, please make the appointment for your next visit at the receptionist discharge desk before you leave.
Eye Outpatient Center Fees*
- $178.00 for each outpatient center visit for self-pay patients.
- *Additional fees may be necessary if further tests and treatments are required.
- Each time you visit, you must first register for the visit and pay any required co-pay. You will receive a receipt for all registrations. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, certified checks, and cash are accepted to pay for outpatient center fees.
- Please have the referral made out to New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. If you do not have a referral you may be responsible for fees associated with the visit.