International patients seeking medical services at NYEE will receive personalized assistance through the International Services Department of the Mount Sinai Health System. NYEE works closely with the international team to provide convenient and seamless coordination of hospital admissions and all subsequent medical appointments as well as guidance on selecting the most appropriate physician.
Visiting patients will be assigned a dedicated representative from the medical concierge team to facilitate their care around the clock, seven days a week, and to provide the following:
- Medical travel coordination
- Interpretation services
- Additional explanation of the physicians’ course of action and instructions
- Assistance with organizing hospital admission and follow-up visits
- Coordination of private-duty nurse arrangements and private room if requested
- Final transfer of medical records
- Arrangements to address dietary, cultural, and religious needs
The safety, dignity, and comfort of each patient and their families is our primary concern. Our goal is to provide the smoothest experience possible, so that patients can focus on what matters most – healing.
Procedure costs are determined on a case by case basis. Once you are considering New York Eye and Ear Infirmary for medical or surgical care, your medical records will be requested and reviewed by the appropriate specialist at our hospital. An assessment will be made on the type of intervention required and fee determined. The price will be an all-inclusive rate for your care. Should you have private insurance, we will certainly review that information, too.
During your stay
NYEE is centrally located in Downtown Manhattan, convenient to hotels, restaurants, and all forms of transportation. International patients can take advantage of discounted hotels rates offered by several hotels in Manhattan and in the greater NYC area to NYEE and its patients. Our culturally sensitive and diverse staff of 600 employees speaks more than 25 languages and will be on hand before, during, and after your treatment. Under the guidance of the clinical nurse manager, patients will receive superb postoperative care in the comfort of our premium private rooms.
We strive to make each patient stay as easy and seamless as possible by providing:
- Premium private rooms, with extra amenities such as guest accommodations, at NYEE
- Private duty nursing
- Private duty nursing available after your stay, prior to leaving New York, and if needed, referral help for nursing near your home
- Prompt follow-up with your referring physician to assure continuity of care
NYEE is highly skilled in caring for patients undergoing anesthesia. Due to the large number of cases performed each year, our anesthesiologists have a greater experience and knowledge of providing eye and ENT-specific perioperative anesthesia than physicians at most other hospitals in the northeastern United States.
The anesthesia team at NYEE is adept at delivering a variety of anesthesia and treating all age groups, from pediatric cases to the elderly. Patients receive the safest and most appropriate anesthesia tailored to their medical condition and surgical needs.