The Voice and Swallowing Institute of New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai provides patients with a complete evaluation by a laryngologist, voice and swallowing therapist, singing specialist, and vocal scientist. Supporting the sub-specialized medical expertise is a state-of-the-art diagnostic laboratory which performs a variety of tests on the larynx, esophagus and vocal folds, as well as evaluations of the trachea for problems with swallowing. While the Institute has a focus on performing artists, treatment is provided for large numbers of patients with more routine voice problems such as hoarseness, voices that are pitched too high or too low, or voices that are unpleasant sounding.
- Laryngoplasty with arytenoid adduction
- KTP laser unsedated in office laser surgery of the vocal folds
- Endoscopic Cricopharyngeal Myotomy (instead of open surgery)
- Microflap excision of benign vocal fold lesions for voice restoration
- Laryngeal reconstructive surgery for voice restoration after laryngeal cancer surgery