Visitation Guidelines for Families
The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary Post - Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
Thank you for choosing The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary for your surgery!
- After surgery, a PACU staff member will call the unit where you are waiting to let you know when you can visit.
- The PACU is a busy open unit with patients being admitted and discharged throughout the day. We request that only ONE adult family member at a time visit the unit. For safety reasons, children are not allowed to visit the PACU.
- Patients need time for rest and nursing care immediately after surgery. Therefore, family visiting is limited to no more than ten minutes at a time.
- Please respect other patients in the PACU by staying at the bedside of your family member.
- If any PACU patient needs special nursing attention, we may ask family members to leave, or to delay their visit. Thank you for understanding.
- PACU visiting arrangements may be modified, depending on the activity on the unit at that time.
Thank you for following these guidelines. We appreciate your support of our healing environment in the PACU. Please let us know your questions or concerns.
Home > Educational Programs >
> VISITATION GUIDELINES FOR FAMILIES